Tuesday 24 March 2015

My failed attemps at Water Marbling!

Water marbling. I have tried this only twice, but both times i have failed miserably.

Water marbling is a technique involving dripping nail polish into clear water and creating a pattern on the waters surface, this pattern is then transfered to your nails.


Well thats how its supposed to go anyway. This is what actually happened when i tried it.

So to start of with I found an old cup, I actually used a Mcdonalds cup, and filled it with water from the tap. For this technique you need "room temperature" water. Obviously tap water isn't room temperature, so I left it out over night   to hopefully acheive the correct temperature.

The next day, I was all set to do my nails. I had chosen the colours I wanted and had untightened the lids so I could easily remove the brush to drip polish into the water.
The first few drops were fine, they spread through the water nicely and all was looking good! Then for some reason, the drops stopped spreading and just kind of .. sat there.

I got a toothpick and tryed to make some sort of pattern with the polish. That failed. Everything just stuck to the toothpick and came out of the water.

So I tryed again.

This time the polishes sread nicely on the water and I was able to make a pattern. I placed my nail in the water and held it there for a few seconds. I got rid of all the excess polish off the water with the toothpick before taking my nail out. Well ... the polish hadn't set in a nice, pretty pattern as i had hoped. Instead, the colours had all merged together and it had gone bubbly and lumpy. Basically, it just looked like a horrible, brown, lumpy mess on my nail.

I don't know where I went wrong or if I wasn't doing something right, but like I said, I failed miserably! Twice!

If you have any tips or know where I went wrong, please do let me know!

I am going to attempt this technique again and I will keep you updated on how it goes. Hopefully it will turn out better than before. You know what they say 'Third time lucky'. We'll see.

Well thanks for coming along to read my post! If you like my posts and want more ... let me know in the comments! :)

Speak soon!

Sophie ~ icraftgetoverit x

(Image not mine, found on google images)

No comments:

Post a Comment