Monday 30 March 2015

4 Natural Beauty Treatments

Natural beauty products have been on the rise for the past few years. They are becoming more popular for women who want a chemical-free option, that can also prove to be more effective than shop bought beauty products. Without all the harsh chemicals or artificial colouring, natural products will be less likely to cause skin irritations.

I myself enjoy trying out natural products, because you don't spend as much money on them and not only are they better for your skin, they also contribute to a better environment!

So lets get started...

1. Lemon Sugar Body Scrub

Not only is this one of the easiest homemade beauty products to make ... It actually works!
 This sugar scrub is great for exfoliating your skin and leaves it refreshed and smooth.
Ingredients:

  • 2 1/2 cups of sugar (brown or white)
  • 1/2 a cup of oil (olive or coconut oil work well)
  • One half of a fresh lemon
Mix the sugar and oil together in a bowl - add a small amount of oil at a time until it reaches the right consistancy. You don't want it too runny. Next, squeeze the lemon juice into the mixture and add some lemon zest to give it a fresh smell. Add to a jar with a resealable lid, and thats it! You're all done and ready to give your home made scrub a try! 


I have tried this recipe and was very pleased. I used brown sugar because I find it feels nicer on your skin. The only thing I would change next time would be the olive oil, which I used, because i found it to be too oily for my skin. So when I make it again (which I will) I will use coconut oil. Other than that, this is a great homemade product, and I would recommend it!

2. Honey Face Mask

This is the simplest natural beauty recipe. It has only one ingredient - raw honey.
Honey is naturally anti-bacterial so is great for acne treatment and prevention. It is full of antioxidants so is great for slowing down aging, and it is also extremely moistuising and leaves the skin glowing!
 Just apply raw honey donto your face and let it sit for about 20 minutrs. Rinse off and your done. Do this a few times a week and see the difference in your skin!

Now, when I first heard about this, I wasnt so sure. I mean, how can putting something sticky on your face be any good for your skin, right? But I have tried this face mask and I have to say, I liked it. It left my skin glowing and feeling really soft!

3. Olive Oil Hair Treatment 

Olive oil on your hair will work just as well, or better, than any drugstore/highstreet hair treatment. It has alot of benefits. It is a great dandruff treamtment as olive oil is a natural moisturizer, so when massaged into your scalp, it moisterizes your scalp and reducess the apperance of your dandruff naturally. It also adds shine, makes it easier to manage and softens your hair.
 Apply as you would your normall shampoo to damp hair. Let sit for 15 minutes and rinse out with warm water. You only need to do this once a week.
 I have also tried this one. This one i didn't like so much. Not that i'm saying it doesn't work ... I think it's just my hair. I have quite thin hair that tends to be flat all the time, no matter what i try to do with it! I think the oil just weighed it down even more and to me, it looked a bit greasy. Don't get me wrong, it did make my hair feel soft, but like I said, it's probably just my hair! I will be trying this again though as I did only try it once.

4. Olive Oil for Eyelash Growth

Just as Olive Oil makes hair growth healthier, it also helps the growth of eyelashes. It is a natural resource of vitamins and nutriunts, all of which are needed for healthy hair growth.
 Use a clean mascarra brush and apply a layer of olive oil to your eyelashes every night before you you go to bed and you should start seeing results after a short while.
 I have not tried this one yet! I need to because I wasn't blessed with long eyelashes. I am interested to know if this works.

Well thats it for this blog post. As always, I hope you enjoyed reading it!

If any of you have tried any of these natural treatments, or know anybody who has, let me know how they went in the comments! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Speak soon...

Sophie ~ icraftgetoverit x



(All photos taken from Google Images - Not my own)

No comments:

Post a Comment