Tuesday 5 May 2015

Pets // My Beautiful Cat ❤

Hellooo everyone! Since I haven't done a post on my beautiful kitty yet, todays post is going to be all about him! :) Please be aware .. there are ALOT of photos. They are not the best quality because they were not taken purely for my blog.

I actually feel like I should also talk about my cat that I had before my current little man. Back in 2011 my mums tortoiseshell cat had 4 adorable kittens. I, being a lover of all animals ... especially baby ones, had to have one! So that's how me and my boyfriend got Snoopy. Here are a few pictures of him ...







Snoopy was such a nice and friendly cat who loved cuddles and always gave you kisses! He used to push his face against yours whilst purring and if you wasn't paying him attention, he would rub his head on your hands to get you to stroke him. He would curl up on you and go to sleep and he loved to play. He was the perfect cat!




Last year (2014), Snoopy went out like normal. But he didn't come back. A day or two past and we were getting worried. It wasn't like him not to come home. So we rang up all the local vets and none of them had had any cats handed into them. So we just waited. A few days later, someone we know told us that one of the vets we had rang had posted a status on facebook to say they had had a cat taken into them. They posted it on the day our cat had gone missing, and yet when we rang, they had told us they'd had none handed in. My boyfriend rang them up again and queried them about it. They told him that a cat had been hit by a van, on the road at the top of where we live, and the person in the car behind the van had stopped and taken it to the vets. Unfortunately the cat had already passed by the time they got to the vets. They also said that because no-body had been in to claim it, it had been sent to the incinerator. So I went down to the vets and showed them a photo of our cat. They confirmed that it was our precious Snoopy. Even though my boyfreind had rang up the vets and was told they had no cats handed in! We didn't even get an apology! So we never got to say bye to Snoopy and that was really hard.


A few months later, someone we knew told us their cat had had kittens. We wasn't sure whether to get one, because we were still pretty upset about Snoopy. But then we saw them. They were so small and cute! So we decided to get one. Thats how we ended up with Ziggy.




Ziggy is half Bengal and is very playful! He has beautiful markings and is quite a big cat for his age. He has just turned 1 in April so is still a baby! :) We have decided not to let Ziggy out and to keep him as an indoor cat as we don't want the same thing to happen to him. We do take him out on a lead though, so he can get fresh air and have a bit of a wander. And he actually likes going out on his lead! He will walk with you and doesn't try to run off. He does have to stop and have a sniff every 2 seconds though!




I loved Snoopy, he was our first pet together and I still miss him to this day, but I also love Ziggy! He's not replaced Snoopy and never will, but he's our pet and we love him! :) Some of you may be thinking 'Their only cats!', but to us they are more like family.

I really hope this post didn't bore you and you managed to stay until the end!

Do you have any pets? Or have you lost any pets? Whats your favourite pet to have?

I love reading and replying to all of your lovely comments so please feel free to comment!

Thanks for stopping by to have a read!

Speak soon ..

4 comments:

  1. Love this! However, the part about Snoopy made me rather sad, my beloved childhood friend Lumpi recently passed away. He was an old little man, so we kinda knew, but when the time comes, it's unbearable anyway. I miss him like hell because he grew up with me and was just the cuddliest cat ever <3 It's just like in your case, somehow I considered him family. I don't have any siblings, so he was a little like my brother... But I'm really happy for you and your new little friend, I hope I can get one in a few years time, too. Love, Carina xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh i'm so sorry to hear about Lumpi! Its always hard when you loose a pet ... especially one you grew up with! :( They do become like part of the family don't they?

      Thankyou for leaving a lovely comment!
      Love Sophie xx

      Delete
  2. They really do, I still expect him to come round the corner when I get home, just because it's what he used to do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! :( I used to hear cats outside and think that he had come back! It just takes some time to get used to them not being around. xx

    ReplyDelete