Saturday 23 May 2015

Wedding Card Box // DIY ❤

Hi lovely people! Hope everyone's weekend is getting off to a good start! .. Last July (2014), my mum got married. A few months before her wedding, I received a message off her asking me if I would make a Wedding Card Box! I didn't have a clue what it was, so I googled it. When I saw all of the beautiful boxes that was on Google, I was so privileged to have been asked to make one for my mum! :)

So off I went to get all of the bits and pieces I needed to make it. I used 3 different sized shoe boxes, which I got from a shoe shop who didn't need them, some material in the same colour scheme as the wedding colours, and then some little decoration bits. My mum had chose a cadburys purple and cream for the colours, which I think looked absolutely beautiful!

To start off with I cut holes, in the lids of the shoe boxes, big enough for the cards to drop through. Then I covered all the boxes in the material I had bought. I then stuck all the boxes together to make one big box. When it was all stuck together, I cut a rectangle into the middle box for people to put their cards through. I then decorated it with diamonds, some 3D wedding stickers and some ribbon. I also bought some wooden letters and painted them white to write 'cards' on the top box.


I was so proud of how it turned out and my mum (thankfully) loved it! I was so pleased to even be asked to make something for my mums special day, and I think making your own decor for your wedding is so much more meaningful. (And Cheaper!)


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this post!

Do you like making things? What do you like making/ creating?

Much Love..

No comments:

Post a Comment