Tuesday 21 April 2015

Creative Outburst - Homemade Crafts

Hi everyone!

I love making things and being creative. It's such a nice feeling when you take your time to make well .. anything, and you get complimented on it or even asked to make it for  someone else!

So in today's post, I thought I would share with you some of the crafts I've made. Maybe this will help me get back into crafting as it's something I love and enjoy doing!

The first thing I will show you is this Chrysanthemum Mirror, made from plastic spoons, I made last summer. A friend liked it so much, that she asked me to make one for her, and then had me make 5 smaller ones in different colours for her work friends leaving do! I am very proud of this mirror and had fun making it. And it's not actually hard to make. It just takes some time but is absoloutly worth it! If you would Like to make this mirror, you can find the instructions here.






This next craft is made by crocheting. Once I learnt how to crochet, I loved to make headbands and hats for my neice and nephew. I will show you a few of the hats and one of the headbands I made. If you would like to see more, just let me know! ☺I learnt how to crochet from watching videos on YouTube.





Canvases. You can change the look of a room with just a few pieces of wall art. And you don't have to spend loads of money on them, you can just make them at home! For these canvases I made, I just bought some plain canvases from b&m and found some pictures on Google images to copy onto them and changed them up a bit to make my own version. I really enjoyed making these!




Next, these personalised plates were a hit at Christmas time! I had a lot of people ask me to make them for their children or grand-children. They are fun and easy to make and don't take too long!




I have also bought some glass etch, so that will be my next project. I'm really excited to see how the glasses turn out. I will be sure to let you know!

Thankyou for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this post!

Let me know what you think or if you want to see more.

Speak soon!

Sophie x



8 comments:

  1. Nice crafts! Hope you'll post more like this! I'll stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I will definitely be posting more like this ... I'll do a post on how my glass etching turns out ☺

      Delete
  2. These are great crafts! You have a lovely blog. - Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look like really fun crafts. You could sell those plates and hats on etsy ;)
    Emily // www.floraalemily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I have thought about doing that ... It's a good way to earn a bit of extra money doing something I enjoy ☺

      Delete
  4. cool and awesom

    ReplyDelete