Saturday 25 April 2015

Deep Relaxation - Floatation Tanks

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all having a great weekend! 

Today, I thought I would write a post about something I would love to try out, but haven't got round to yet. Some of you may already know about these .. and some of you may not, but either way, I am going to tell you about Floatation Tanks. What it is and all the amazing benefits that come from using them. I hope you enjoy!

Floatation Tanks were first used in 1954 to test the effects of sensory deprivation. They are now also used for meditation and relaxation and in alternative medicine. 

Image result for floatation tank

The Floatation Tank contains a super-saturated Epsom Salt solution, which is about 25cm deep. This creates an environment similar to that of the Dead Sea, which lets you float effortlessly on water and enjoy a feeling of weightlessness. 

The water is heated to skin temperature, so once you are settled, it almost impossible to tell which parts of your body are under water, and which aren't. This tricks your brain into thinking your floating in mid-air. The Epsom Salt solution effectively removes the effects of gravity on the body, making you feel almost completely weightless. This lets every single muscle in your body fully relax. 

As the tanks are soundproof and the lights are either a calming blue or completely switched off, your mind will drift into a deep state of relaxation. These are the perfect place to have some much needed 'me' time. You have no distractions and you can forget about your problems or worries for a while and just relax. By yourself. 


Now you will need to use these a few times before you can completely relax, but there are ALOT of beneficial effects from Floating. If I wrote them all, this post would probably never end (or I would be sat here for a very long time) so here are just a few;

  • Improves Sleep 
  • Alleviates stress (mental and physical)
  • Increases motivation, diminishes depression, anxiety and fear
  • Facilitates freedom from habits, phobias and addictions
  • Relieves pain - arthritis, migraines, injuries and so on
  • Reduces blood pressure
  • Helps prevent sports injuries, speeds healing process
  • Improves skin condition 
It costs around £45 for an hour of Floating time, which may seem like a long time, but it apparently goes alot quicker once your in there. With all the benefits it has, I think that it is well worth the money. 

I would love to hear if any of you have tried a Float Tank, and what you thought of it? Did you enjoy it? Did you feel the benefits?  

If you would like to know more about Floating, or read into more detail, you can click here.

Thank-you for taking your time to stop by my blog. I hoped you enjoyed today's post! :) 

Speak soon..

Sophie x

Disclaimer: I was not paid to write this post ... I am just really interested in Float Tanks and how they work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment